Case Assignment In this Case Assignment, you will address the following in a 2- to 3-page document: First view this tutorial on the case of Mr.
In this Case Assignment, you will address the following in a 2- to 3-page document:
First view this tutorial on the case of Mr. Penzey and record notes about his condition as you view his symptoms and test results:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Go to Stress Related Disorders
Based on what you read and observed in the previous case study, address the following questions in the body of your essay:
- What were the main findings of Mr. Penzey’s physical exam? How could his CT results be related to his blood pressure findings?
- Define the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system.
- What did the laboratory results suggest about his overall kidney function? Are there additional tests that could help you arrive at a diagnosis for Mr. Penzey’s condition?
- How did the EKG and blood pressure results indicate damage was occurring to Mr. Penzey’s circulatory system?
- What did the genetic results suggest about Mr. Penzey’s condition? The mutation on the agarose gel showed the presence of a chimeric 11-β-hyroxylase gene which caused an overproduction of the enzyme aldosterone synthase. How is this enzyme involved in the function of ACTH, aldosterone and cortisol? How do these hormones affect the homeostasis of blood pressure?
- What do you think his condition might be?
Answer each question using complete sentences that relate back to the question. Be sure to include a reference section at the end of your assignment that lists the sources that you were required to read and any additional resources you used to research your answers. Use APA for your sources.
For any additional research you are required to do to complete the assignment, please use scholarly references such as a peer-reviewed journal article or a government-sponsored or university-sponsored website. As you read, take notes from them and then write the paper with your own words, describing what you have learned from your research. Direct quotes should be limited and must be designated by quotation marks. Paraphrased ideas must give credit to the original author, for example (Murray, 2014). Direct copying from “homework help” websites will not receive credit.