Determine the hardness of these minerals.
1. A mineral can scratch glass, but leaves behind a streak on the streak plate. What is the mineral’s hardness? (Hint 1: harness should be a whole number; Hint 2: the hardness of the mineral example in this question would be the value in between the number associated with scratching glass & leaving a streak on the streak plate)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
2. What mineral on the Mohs scale has the same hardness? (Hint: see the Mohs scale on p. 2 of this handout, the answer is the mineral listed for the hardness you found in question 2.)
3. A mineral can be scratched by your fingernail. What is the mineral’s hardness?
4. What minerals on the Mohs scale have the same hardness?
5. A mineral is scratched by a wire nail, but not by a copper penny. What is the mineral’s hardness?
6. What mineral on the Mohs scale has the same hardness?